Apply Now Location: Hong Kong
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Surety
Applications Close: 02.11.2018
Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Teamwork culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Underwriter to be part of our Surety team, based in Hong Kong. This Assistant Underwriter uses functional knowledge and skills to contribute to the growth and profitability of the Asia Surety portfolio through marketing, underwriting and administration of both contract and commercial surety products.
You will require good communication skills as well as knowledge of credit underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques including financial analysis, marketing and systems.
This role reports to the Underwriter, Surety in Hong Kong.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Preparing financial analysis, meeting reports and underwriting recommendations for review by Underwriter, Surety – Asia and Head of Surety – Asia-Pacific.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers and direct clients throughout Asia (with particular focus on Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea and Japan).
- Creating, updating and maintaining account line cards, underwriting and bond e-files.
- Executing bonds in Hong Kong and arranging for issuance of bonds in other Asian countries through affiliates and fronting partners (including banks) on a timely basis.
- Preparing Surety line of credit documentation.
- Assisting in the pricing of new and existing business in line with market standards and LIU’s selection and pricing guidelines.
- Assisting in the review and negotiation of bond wordings.
- Communicating and working with other product line underwriters in order to leverage cross-selling opportunities and deliver a complete service to the broker and/or client.
- Ensuring premium payments are received and discrepancies investigated in a timely manner by referring to Debtors report from Finance department;
- Assisting in the management and development of relationships within the Asia Surety portfolio in order to ensure growth and retention of accounts.
- Assisting in the execution of marketing plans and target client / brokers lists.
- Strengthening the LIU brand and building own profile within the market by representing LIU at industry social events, conferences and other relevant market-related presentations.
- Working closely with claims department, risk management and all other key internal stakeholders to promote LIU’s “integrated business unit approach” and ensure seamless delivery of underwriting services.
Your Key Qualifications and Soft skills:
- Degree (or equivalent) in economics/business/finance discipline is preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ relevant experience in the surety, banking or credit markets.
- Experience with cross-border Asian and multi-national business would be ideal.
- Proven ability to effectively contribute towards a successful portfolio.
- Strong business, financial and market acumen/awareness/understanding.
- Fluent in spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese along with Chinese reading/writing skills is essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems is required.
- Able to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Highly proactive, takes initiative and is results driven.
- Strong relationship building abilities and an advanced level of customer focus.
- Solid process management skills.
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your updated resume and we will take it from there.
**Agencies, we have this covered**